NCC performs these activities in Renewable Energy sector:
- Announces and organize auctions for the allocation of incentive quotas;
- Exercises control over the application of the fixed tariffs to the producers;
- Approves the fixed electricity tariffs to the small producers and the maximum allowed values of the tariffs to the producers taking part in the auctions;
- Prepares and approves the Methodology for Setting the Electricity Buying Tariffs;
- Investigates complaints and disputes of the customers and energy undertakings;
- Performs other functions prescribed by the laws and other legal acts.
NCC continually performs the analysis of the set fixed tariffs by benchmarking them against the tariffs applied in the European Union and thus defining the level of the tariffs applied in Lithuania as compared to those throughout the European Union. Also analyses, systematizes the data about the development of technologies and variation of costs in the renewable energy sector in the European Union member states.
The production of energy from the renewable energy resources is supported through the Public Service Obligations (PSO). In 2016, this amount equaled Eur 89.1 million.
More information about Renewable Energy sector can be found in Lithuanian here.